We’ve always believed that the best way to recognize local charities in our communities was by asking you. So, thank you for helping us contribute more than $160,000.00 to the local charities that support you, your neighbors, and the communities we all live in.
Radiant’s Charity of the Month program donates $1,000 each month to a charity nominated by you and receiving the most votes for a given month. Nominations of charitable organizations and voting for the monthly winner is all performed through Radiant’s Facebook site.
In addition to the winning charity each month, the person who nominated the winning charity will receive $100 – which the winner is free to keep for themselves or donate to the charity they nominated. It’s a win-win opportunity for you and your favorite local charity. Simply follow the easy steps below. Program and contest official rules are provided here.
Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation
There are, of course, eligibility requirements for the Charity of the Month program. Eligibility requires:
- Charity must be a 501(c)3 designated charity headquartered in Radiant’s service area – which includes the following Florida counties: Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwannee and Union counties.
- Charity must have a current W-9 IRS tax form and 501(c)3 paperwork.
- Previous winning charities may only win once in a 24-month period.
Nominating and voting for our Charity of the Month is performed through Radiant’s Facebook page. Here’s how you get started:
- Visit the Radiant Credit Union Facebook page and look for the post announcing our previous month’s winner.
- Click on the link at the bottom of that post to go to the Nomination / Voting page.
- You’ll be presented with our Nomination & Voting form.
- If you’re Nominating a charity, simply complete the form and upload a photo of your charity. (Note: The photo is used for others to see on the Voting page)
- If you’re Voting for a charity, simply click the Vote button to see the charities nominated for the current month. Select Vote on the photo of the charity you’re voting for. You’ll be presented with a request for your name and email address (this information helps us ensure each person votes only once). Then click Vote and you’re done.
Feel free to Like Us and Follow Us on Facebook to see the results of your voting each month.
Be sure to follow our voting rules to maintain the eligibility of your favorite charity to win. The voting rules include:
- Voting can be done by a Facebook user once every 24-hour period.
- Fictitious or phantom Facebook IDs/profiles are not eligible to vote. Voting from such profiles would disqualify the vote and bar the charity from the current and future contests.
- Vote swapping or buying is expressly not permitted. Such activity would disqualify the charity in the current contest and bar the charity from future contests.
- Votes are maintained and tallied based on each calendar month. At the end of the current month, the contest and voting are reset to open the contest for the next calendar month.
For The Winning Charity
- The charity receiving the most votes during the previous calendar month will be declared the winning charity and shall be awarded the $1,000 donation from Radiant Credit Union.
- Additionally, the person who initially nominated the eventual winning charity shall be awarded $100 for their winning nomination. As detailed earlier, the individual winner for the nomination may choose to have their winning $100 donated directly to the winning charity.
Claiming the Winning Prize
Once the winning charity is selected for the previous calendar month, Radiant will contact a representative of the charity to finalize the prize donation. This process will include:
- Radiant will make every effort to contact a representative of the winning charity within 30 days of the final voting.
- From the time the charity representative is reach, they will have 30 days to provide any requested documentation and receive the donation from a designated Radiant representative.
- Radiant may request a signed copy of the organization’s W-9 IRS documentation, as well as clarifying documentation of the organization’s 501(c)3 status.
- The individual providing the winning nomination will also be contacted by a designated Radiant representative to receive their prize within 30 days.
The Monthly Contest
The Charity of the Month program resets the nominated charities and voting each month to begin again. Thus, each contest period ends at 11:59pm on the last day of each calendar month. Radiant reserves the option to begin the next monthly contest on the first business day of the month should the first day of the month occur on a holiday.
Release of Claims
We love that you’ve participated, and we want to tell everyone about it, so we need the following Release of Claims:
- By participating in the Charity of the Month program, you are giving Radiant Credit Union permission to contact you using the contact information you provided when voting.
- All winners, members of any winner’s household, relatives and persons who use any prize awarded by Radiant Credit Union, and such person’s heirs, assigns, executors, and administrators release and exempt Radiant Credit Union and it’s directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, demands, chooses in action and damages which they have now or any time in the future arise from use of any prize, including personal injury or death.