Benefits of an interest checking account
Get a competitive APY and start earning dividends as soon as your balance reaches $500.
Get a Nickel Back
We'll automatically put 5 cents back in your account every time you use your debit card.
Easily manage your account through eBanking services like our Mobile App and Bill Pay.
Easy to Avoid Fees
Simply maintain a balance of $500 and you'll pay no monthly fee. Plus, there's no overdraft transfer fee.
Interest Checking Account Key Features
Enjoy unlimited access to your funds while earning interest on your money. Take advantage of all these features and more:
- Earn interest on balances over $500
- Dividends are compounded monthly
- Free contactless debit card
- Free eBanking and Bill Pay
- Free Mobile App and Mobile Deposit
- Free eStatements
- Digital Wallet compatible
- Early Direct Deposit
- Nickel Back Rewards
- Unlimited check writing
- No overdraft transfer fee
- Open an account with just $5
- Pay a $5 monthly fee only if your balance is under $500
Plus, you can download the Radiant Card Manager App and set up purchase alerts and restrictions so you're always on top of your financial goals!
See Our Easy Interest Checking Account Application Process
Check you're eligible to become a credit union member then deposit $5 into a Regular Share Savings Account
Choose Interest Checking
Select this account option from the Available Products and complete the quick and easy form.
Deposit as much as you can to begin then start earning interest and dividends when you reach $500.
Our members are talking
I had the pleasure of having Mr. Tristan assist my father and me this morning. He made the process as smooth and quick as possible. I look forward to being a long term member of the family.
FAQs About Interest Checking Accounts from Radiant Credit Union
You can look at our rates table to see the annual percentage yield (APY) and dividend rate you will earn on your account. You need to have a balance of at least $500 to start earning dividends.
You may also consider opening a Regular Share Savings Account, a Term Share Certificate that lets you earn more over longer periods, or a Money Market account that offers higher rates as your balance grows.
Compounding dividends means you earn interest on your deposited funds, and you also earn dividends on the interest that you've earned. The dividends you earn will be paid into your Interest Checking Account monthly.
You can enjoy all the quality products and services that come with other Radiant checking accounts, in addition to earning interest and dividends on your balance over $500:
- As long as you maintain a balance over $500, there is no monthly account fee, monthly service fee, or monthly maintenance fee
- No overdraft transfer fee if you set up transfers from a savings account to cover payments
- Free contactless debit card so you can "tap and go" or make ATM withdrawals
- Free eBanking and Mobile App so you can manage your account anytime, anywhere
- Free Bill Pay so you can easily pay bills
- Free Mobile Deposit so you can deposit a check without visiting a branch
- Free eStatements so you can check your monthly transactions and account balance
- Free Card Manager App to set up alerts, restrictions, travel notifications, and more
- Many Digital Banking Services are free of charge, like transferring money between accounts
- Access to thousands of in-network ATMs
Note that some standard banking account fees may apply, for instance, if a check is returned unpaid. You may also need to pay an overdraft fee if you don't choose to set up a savings account for automatic, free overdraft transfers. You can view our account disclosure and fee schedule for full details.
Each of your VISA Debit Card purchases made with your signature can qualify for Nickel Back Rewards. Radiant Credit Union automatically pays 5 cents into your checking account with each signature debit card transaction.
- We will automatically deposit nickels into your account each day. Yes, even on weekends!
- You don't need to sign up to receive compensation – enrollment is automatic when you open an account.
- There's no minimum purchase amount.
To deposit a check using your phone, simply open the Radiant Mobile App and follow these steps:
- Choose deposits
- Select the account for the check funds to enter
- Enter the amount of the check
- Take a picture of the front and back (endorsed) of the check
- Press submit
This is a personal finance service that allows you to easily pay for things online or in-store using your phone, tablet, smartwatch, or another device. To get started, choose your preferred mobile payment service, then enter your debit card or credit card details, or scan your card.
Once you've verified your card, you can use your Digital Wallet instead of carrying around your physical wallet. It's fast and secure.
Radiant Credit Union supports these Digital Wallet services:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Fitbit Pay
- Garmin Pay