Activate my CardActivating your new Radiant ATM, VISA® Debit and Credit Card is easy!
Get started now or see below for more details on what to expect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is receiving a new card?
Any member currently having a SunState Federal Credit Union ATM, Debit, or Credit Card will be reissued a new card between now and mid-June. This includes Business Debit and Credit card holders.
What will my new Radiant card look like?
The Radiant cards have a new “vertical” orientation. Your name, card number, and other details are now more easily readable on the back of the card.
I already have a Radiant card. Am I getting a new one?
No. Members who already have new Radiant cards will not be getting a new card. Only members who currently have a SunState Federal Credit Union card will be receiving new cards at this time.
Will my new card have the same card number?
No. Unfortunately, your new Radiant card will have a new card number in order to allow for clearer distinction between SunState cards and new Radiant cards. See the Account Updater tab above to see how this may be a little easier.
When will I receive my new card(s)?
New Radiant ATM, Debit and Credit cards are being issued on a scheduled basis. As such, primary account holders, joint account holders and authorized signers may not receive their new cards at the same time.
Will authorized account users be reissued new Radiant cards?
Yes. If you are an authorized account holder on a joint account or an authorized cardholder, you will receive a new card. Please note: all cards will be mailed to the primary mailing address on the account, regardless of the authorized users' or cardholders' mailing address.
I have received my new Radiant card. How can I activate it?
Visit radiantcu.org/activate.shtml to activate your new Radiant card or you can call 1-866-209-7190 to activate via phone. Please note, once your new Radiant card is activated, your old SunState card will automatically deactivate. You will also be able to set your PIN using this online service. You will need to activate your new Radiant card within 45 days of receiving it.
What activation limitations might I experience?
- ATM cards are excluded from this online activation. ATM card users will need to continue to activate and PIN their cards using the toll-free number (866-209-7190).
- Only three card (same or different numbers) activations are allowed from a single device ID in an hour.
- Only six card activations within 24 hours on the same device
My new card is now active. Do I have to update my billing information with all of my vendors and merchants?
Not all of them. Radiant Credit Union is a proud VISA® issuer. As such, the VISA Account Updater services (VAU) will update your saved payment information with online merchants and billers automatically on your behalf. We still recommend confirming your new card information with each of your merchants, and automatic payments. See the Account Updater tab for more information.
Does my new Radiant card work with my Mobile Wallet?
Yes. Your new Radiant card works as part of your Mobile Wallet and offers convenient contactless payments. Radiant Credit Union participates in all major Mobile Wallets, including:
VISA Account Updater Service
- What is Visa Account Updater?
- Visa Account Updater (VAU) is a service that provides card number and expiration date updates to merchants who maintain card-on-file (COF) account information to process recurring customer payments.
- What is a Card-On-File (COF) merchant?
- Card-On-File (COF) merchants keep a customer’s card number on file for recurring payments. Examples include subscription services (such as Netflix) and utility companies.
- What does the service actually do?
- The VAU Service provides a way for issuers like Radiant Credit Union to communicate the most recent cardholder account information to Visa. In turn, Visa makes this information available to acquiring COF merchants who elect to participate in the service.
- What are the benefits to cardholders?
- Cardholders will no longer have to provide updated card information to participating COF merchants when their card is reissued due to normal expiration or lost/stolen card. Recurring payments are more likely to be successful because updated card information is readily available to participating merchants.
- Is there a charge or fee for the VAU service?
- No, VAU is provided as a free benefit to Visa card holders.
- In what scenario would the merchant use the updated cardholder information?
- COF merchants will typically try to obtain updated cardholder information prior to their billing cycle. Merchants who elect to use the Account Updater Service will be able to access updated account information through a secure direct connection with Visa, eliminating the potential for denied transactions due to outdated card-on-file information.
- What actions are required by the cardholder?
- No action is required by the cardholder to enroll in VAU. All consumer and business debit cardholders will be automatically “Opted-in” for this service.
Your new Radiant VISA Credit and Debit Cards lets you pay for goods and services without the need to swipe or entering a PIN (personal identification number).
- Look - Check the merchant's checkout terminal for the contactless indicator. (get symbol)
- Tap - When prompted, tap your card on the contactless symbol.
- Go - Once you get payment confirmation, you're good to go!
Are Contactless Cards Secure?
- The contactless card chip creates a one-time code for each individual transaction to accompany your payment information. This code is transmitted with your account number when you “tap” to pay. Your name, billing address and card verification code aren’t transmitted.
- This one-time code makes contactless credit cards safer to use than the magnetic stripe. When you swipe a magnetic stripe, your payment and personal information can be captured by a skimming device. Hackers can then use that information to create a duplicate magnetic stripe for fraudulent transactions.
- If your card is lost or stolen you can temporarily block any new transactions on your Radiant Credit Union VISA Debit and/or Credit Card(s) via eBanking and/or the Radiant Credit Union mobile app.
- Locking your card only impacts future card transactions
- Any previous transactions will be paid
- Locking your card will not affect your checks, mobile or internet transfers, bill payments or any other type of transaction on your account(s).
Contact us to have your card permanently cancelled and reissued, or to report unauthorized transactions.
Radiant Credit Union participates in the following mobile wallets:
To get started, go to the app you would like to use on your device.
The basic steps are:
- Scan your card into the app or enter it manually
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Card verification - depending on the information we have on file; could be a text or email. If you do not have a mobile phone number or e-mail on file, you will not be able to complete the set up unless you call our card activation/dispute number (866) 209-7190 - option 5 for mobile wallet support.
- Once the card verification is complete, you should see card is activated.
Radiant Credit Union WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR VERIFICATION CODE!
Content goes here